Photo Cred to Bayan Mogharabi

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mix Thursday? ;)


Eyyy, kiddies. A lil late on mix Wednesday... but I hope you'll forgive me. I have brought along gifts. Lots of stuff to cover tonight.

Let's start with a lovely mix I just finished in honor of Mix Wednesday, as well as my newly purchased Pioneer cdj 100's! Half the buttons don't work, but that's neither here nor there... We do work.

So here it is, folks:
Quickdraw McGraw-Quickdraw Sound Vol. I

An introduction to my spinning sound. Begins with some Dubstep on the heavier side. Lots of real heady rollers... You can sit back with a spliff, shake your crazy ass, or just skank it out... All vibes included. Then halfway through we move on to the Drum and Bass. When I build myself a larger collection, I'll truly start upping my Bass skills, peeps because this is my music without a doubt. Tunes are all over the place like they should be. :)

Tracklistige:

Doctor P- Air Raid (Original)
Jahdan Blakkamoore-The General (Marcus Visionary Remix)
Ed Solo- Watch Your Eyes (Original)
Skream Vs. Trae & Yung Joc-Lightning in the Hood (gWorm Mash-Up)
^^^Courtesy of trashcanpunch.com Show some love!
Darren Styles- Getting Better (Elliot M & Special Features Dub Remix)
Ikonika- Please (Original)
Noah D- Seeerious (Original)
Drumsound & Simon Bassline Smith- R U Ready (Album Mix)
Dirtyphonics- Quarks (Original)
Matizz- Through My Eyes (Future Engineers Re-set)
The Count & Sinden- Strange Things (Club Edit)
Cage the Elephant- Ain't No Rest For the Wicked (Ashes DnB Remix)
^^^^Straight from the man himself. Lots of great free tunes on Ashes' Soundcloud
Electrosoul System- Aura (Original)
BULB- Fragile (Original)

Enjoy! and if you'd like a copy of any of the tunes don't hesitate to holla!

Also, I'd like to include two of my favorite mixes of late... Both completely different and completely bangin.

First up is Bassnectar's IDJ 2010 mixtape available from Mr. Lorin's website. I can never get enough of his sound. His knowledge of the break is so far beyond his contemporaries... it's downright sickening. "Let's all break it down"

and last but fucking wickedest is an 80's punk mix entitled "Y Bother" by Rory Them Finest from Mad Decent monster Diplo. Oh how I love Mad Decent and their crazy goodies!!

Cheers, friends! There is much much more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment